We built the 90-day plan around 3 phases:
- Listening and Learning: During this phase, you will enter your new role and take this time to listen to and learn from your schools/districts’ stakeholders. During this time, you will develop your coaching mission and vision based on the needs of your school community.
- Focus and Frame: During this phase, you will work on creating and implementing frameworks that support your mission and vision. You will likely start leading professional development as teachers return and communicate your coaching vision.
- Empower and Accelerate: During this phase, you will work with the frameworks established during phase 2 to support teachers and improve instruction. Reflection will guide you as you move forward after entry.
In each phase, we have created specific tasks to help new coaches focus their practice and understand the scope of coaching work. We created tasks around topics the following topics:
- Relationship Building
- Establishing a Coaching Culture
- Professional Development
- Professional Learning Networks